Why should I join anyway?
Well, apart from the sheer thrill of it, there are some tangible benefits to membership of the IAM:
- According to the incident statistics, IAM members are approximately 75% less likely to be involved in an incident.
- Reduced fuel consumption for the same progress – 10% is not unachievable.
- Reduced wear and tear on the car – you can make a clutch last 120,000 miles!
- Smoother and slicker progress.
- You will be less stressed whilst driving.
- Your passengers will also be less stressed.
- You are giving to charity – both the IAM itself and its local groups are registered charities.
- The knowledge of achieving something only 0.25% of the population has also achieved.
- Insurance scheme for young drivers – IAM Advanced Drivers aged 19 or over driving a low-grouped car can benefit from reduced car insurance.
So what does the Newcastle Group offer me?
- FREE guidance by our Observers up to the pass standard required for the IAM Advanced driving test.
- Observed runs covers cars and commercial vehicles.
- Local events.
- Website Information.
- Access to help and advice on aspects of motoring.